- Started trading in the 1950’s, Alan R Davies was supplying ex MOD equipment, second-hand crushers, screens and quarrying machinery.
- 1970 to 1980’s Alan R Davies trades as ‘Plantfinder’. They were the first agents for Powerscreen in the 1970’s.
- In the 1980’s and after the retirement of Alan, his father, Roger Davies forms Port & Quarry Supplies. Quickly becoming the UK’s leading plant dealer. The ‘Used Plant List’ quickly became a regular insert in The Quarry Management magazine published by The Institute of Quarrying.
- In 1994, Port & Quarry Supplies is purchased from the Davies family by David Southward, a quarry professional from a quarry owning family.
- 2001 Port & Quarry Supplies Ltd is formed to continue offering crushing and screening machines to the quarrying, mining, recycling and contracting markets.
- David Southward (Director), from a quarrying family, is a qualified quarry engineer (Doncaster Diploma and BSc from Leeds University), an experienced quarry and contract manager. He has many years experience in the operation and application of crushing and screening equipment in many rock types throughout the UK and worldwide. A member of the Institute of Quarrying for nearly 40 years.
- Alison Southward (Personal Assistant), keeps the office running in a professional and confident manner.